CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It represents a direct relationship between our consumers (you!) and the farmer (us!), where we both share in the benefits, and risks, of growing nutrient dense food. It’s pretty simple — in the beginning of the season, our members commit to a ‘share’ of the harvest each week. In return, we provide a heaping box of whatever delicious and nutritious veggies are available that week during the growing season. We like the CSA model because it allows us to create relationships with those eating the food we work hard to grow, provides a consistent market, and allows us to buy supplies, like seeds and potting soil, at the beginning of the season when we need them most. Our members appreciate the fresh and delicious taste of real veggies, grown in real soil, by real people.
How does it work at Seeds Farm?
- Every week during the growing season, we harvest, wash, and pack whatever is ripe that week. We work hard to ensure a delicious diversity- while focusing on the main crops.
- Our season lasts 18 weeks (mid-June-mid-October)
- You choose if you’d like to pick it up at the Farm, at a dropsite near you, or to your home. We have dropsites in Northfield, Burnsville, Minneapolis, and St. Paul (metro dropsites and home delivery have an extra delivery fee of $50, and are delivered early Friday morning.
- You choose how often you’d like to get it, weekly or bi-weekly
What does a CSA membership include?
- All shares are packed in 3/4 bushel boxes, filled with delicious, nutrient dense, local and freshly harvested produce. This is generally enough for 2 veggie loving adults or four liking adults a week.
- Weekly newsletter e-mailed to you on harvest day describing what’s in each box, how to use it, and what went on at your farm that week
- An opportunity to take advantage of our U-Pick herb patch at the farm
- Invitations to member potlucks, volunteer days, and member gleans
- Member discounts on on bulk canning crops, like tomatoes, cabbage, and cucumbers when available
What else do you offer?
In addition to the vegetable share, we offer a number of add-ons, including an egg share (laid by our happy, pastured hens), a flower share grown by gardeners Brad and Toni Easterson, an educational share for your Budding Farmers, and the opportunity to buy pastured pork at the end of the season.
How much does it cost?
- Full share-$560, 3/4 bushel box, every week, 18 deliveries
- Bi-weekly Share-$300, 3/4 bushel box, every other week, 9 deliveries
- Full Egg Share-$90, one dozen eggs every week, 18 deliveries
- Bi-weekly Egg Share- $45, one dozen eggs every other week, 9 deliveries
- Flower Share-$90, one bouquet of flowers grown by Brad and Toni Easterson, every other week, 9 deliveries
- Budding Farmers educational share- $48, educational program for kids, 8 deliveries
How do I sign up?
Please submit the form on CSA Sign-Up Page. Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!
2013 CSA video